Wow, I have a lot to write about. I’m writing this at around 10:00 p.m. from the upper deck of the Magic. There’s a gentle sea breeze blowing, the stars are out, and it’s probably around 20 degrees celsius; in short it’s a wonderful way to round out a couple of incredible days.
Ok, let’s get started. Yesterday we had a day at sea as the Magic continued her voyage to George Town on Grand Cayman. I started the day early by writing the entry for the previous day (which I’m sure you all enjoyed immensely) while Christine got Roman up and ready for breakfast. It was a brilliantly sunny day and our plan was to drop Roman off at the Oceaneer’s Club and have a nice swim and soak in the sun while Roman played below decks with the other kids and councilors. Unfortunately, Roman had other plans, and so we ended up taking turns playing cars with Roman and laying in the sun.
The upper decks were quite crowded, as many of the passengers made their their way towards the sunlight, but we still managed to find some room. That’s the unfortunate thing about a day at sea; nobody going ashore makes for a crowded ship. Still, it was not too bad, and we had a nice time working on our tans.
Here’s a tip; if you ever find yourself on a cruise and you want to participate in an evening’s formal activities, don’t work on your tan, and don’t wear sunglasses in the sun. Our lilly-white prairie skin was a teensy bit overwhelmed by the caribbean sun, and we ended up with awful tan/burn lines and raccoon goggles, which didn’t go exactly well with our formal attire that evening.
Even that couldn’t dampen our excitement for formal night on the Magic. Formal night includes a show they call the Golden Mickeys, which is a sort of mock awards show where they “award” various characters for things like best hero, best villain, best love story, etc. It’s all just a pretense for a very elaborate Broadway-like live theater performance. They put on an amazing show; each number was an interpretational collage of different Disney movies. It was quite something to see, and it certainly kept all three of us very entertained.
We had some time before dinner so we decided to try our luck to see if Roman would smile for a formal family photograph. You’ll all soon see what Roman thought of that idea when we bring the photo home. We ended up putting Roman down and having a nice photo of just the two of us, which everyone around us thought was pretty funny. We also had our photo taken with the Captain of the ship, but I doubt that one turned out any better. Roman just doesn’t like having his photo taken. I wonder who he gets that from?
Dinner that night was incredible as usual, and Roman was very well-behaved. After the meal the young master decided he wanted to visit the Oceaneer’s Club, and Christine and I were happy to oblige. We checked out one of the bars on board where a musical comedian was performing. He could sing and play just about any song request from the audience and put a funny twist on it. He was hilarious, and immensely talented. After his show Christine and I danced a bit and then thought we should try to retrieve our boy.
Once again it was hard to get him away from the kid’s area, but we had to do it. We had an early day the next day in Grand Cayman.

"Roman just doesn’t like having his photo taken. I wonder who he gets that from?" Umph....I wonder bout that too!
ReplyDeleteYou will be happy to know that yesterday it was about -38 with the wind chill and more snow. So no worries of it warming up while you are away!